2 Tips to Make Management Reporter (MR) Reports Run Faster
Posted by Tiffany Bennett, Senior Consultant on March 21, 2017
You may notice that Management Reporter (MR) reports run a bit slower than previous, FRx reports. If so, we have two great tips for you to try to help improve performance and speed of your reports.
2 Tips to increase the speed of MR reports:
1. Limit the number of fiscal years that MR pulls into the Data Mart.
The less data you have in your MR Data Mart, the faster your reports will run because it does not have to sift through all the data. Limiting the number of fiscal years it pulls, does not delete any data in your Dynamics database, but it restricts how much of it is reported on. It can also be changed back at any time, to pull more years, if needed. Here’s how:
- Locate the MRServiceHost.settings.config file. (Typically under the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics ERP\Management Reporter\2.1\Server\Services folder, on the Management Reporter server).
- Open to edit it with Notepad.
- Add this line to the file:
<add key="IntegrationFiscalYearStart" value="2012" />
Replace the “2012” with the year you want to start pulling data from.
- Save and close the notepad file.
- Open the Configuration Console, and click on your Data Mart Integration on the left side of the screen.
- Then click the “Disable Integration” button to disable your MR Data Mart.
- Then click the “Remove” button to remove the MR Data Mart.
- Open SQL Management Studio, and delete the MR Data Mart database.
- Go back to the MR Configuration Console, and restart both the MR Application and Process Services.
- Then select File, Configure, and add the Data Mart back.
- Enable the Data Mart.
- Log into Management Reporter, and you will see your Fiscal Year options limited in your Report Definitions.
2. Another tip is to click the “Refresh” button in the Report Queue, when running reports.
The Report Queue only pings the server every 10 seconds to update the report status. By refreshing the report, you’ll see the report move more quickly through the steps, and at the end, pull up 10 seconds faster.
If you have questions about MR, send our experts an email at Support@Crestwood.com.