Auto Age Your Receivables in Microsoft Dynamics GP
Posted by Jen Bieker on February 10, 2016
Here's a great time saver for Microsoft Dynamics GP. On February 4, 2016, Jon, Crestwood's Implementation Manager, went over some Dynamics GP Tips & Tricks. One of the hot topics was auto aging receivables.
In Dynamics GP, payables age automatically but receivables do not. Normally, users have to manually run the receivables aging process. But did you know you can schedule this to run automatically? This trick will age all customers, all statement cycles, and all balance types as of the current date.
Here's how to automatically have your receivables age with a SQL script:
1. Log into SQL Management Studio
2. Go into the Object Explorer / Management / Maintenance Plans
3. Right click on Maintenance Plans and select 'New Maintenance Plan'
4. Name the plan - we used Daily AR Aging
5. Go into the toolbox on the left side
6. Choose Execute T-SQL Statement Task and drag into the big empty area on the right
7. Right click in the box and choose edit
8. Copy and paste in the following SQL statement (there are Unicode characters in this script - so it's important you copy and paste)
USE two DECLARE @O_iErrorState int, @I_dAgingDate datetime SELECT @I_dAgingDate = CONVERT(VARCHAR(10), GETDATE(), 102) EXEC dbo.rmAgeCustomer 0, '', 'þþþþþþþþþþþþþþþ', @I_dAgingDate, 127, 0, 0,'', @O_iErrorState OUT SELECT @O_iErrorState
Note: Make sure you change the name of the database to your own. In this example "two" is the name of the sample database.
9. Next, go up and under the schedule area, click on the little schedule button to tell the system when you would like this script to run.
10. Best Practice from a running standpoint would be to have it run after midnight, so the date is current.
11. If you have multiple companies / databases, simply copy the five lines again and change the company name.
Watch a clip from our webinar on how to set up and use this SQL script to auto age your Receivables.
Sad that you missed this webinar? Don't miss any more! Visit our website Events section to always know what is coming up.
Remember, if you need help or have questions, feel free to contact our great support team at Support@Crestwood.com. They can help you implement this auto aging script.