Back to Basics: Create a New User in Management Reporter
Posted by Misty Galbreth, Support Analyst on January 14, 2016
Whether you’re new to Management Reporter or you just need a refresher, outlined below are the steps required to create a new user in Management Reporter (going forward known as “MR”).
1. Login into MR Designer as an Administrator.
Please note: If you are not currently an Administrator user, someone who has that role will need to assign you the Administrator role. This will allow you to create new users in MR.
2. Create the new user ID.
a. Click on the “Security” tab on the left hand side of the screen.A list of your current users will appear, along with their Name, Display name, and Effective Role.
b. Choose “New” from the menu located at the top of the screen.
c. Select “User” from the dropdown menu.
This window will open:
3. To create the new user, make sure you’re on the General tab and click the “Search” button. Next, start to enter the name of the person you want to add as a user, and then click on the “Check Names” button. This will prompt the system to pre-fill the field with the proper person’s name, or present a list of options if there is more than one choice based on the entered criteria.
4. Select “OK” and the Display name should pre-fill with the proper name, from the Windows ID.
You must now choose what type of access the new user should have.
1. Under User information, in the same window from Step 2, choose the correct “Management Reporter assigned role” from the dropdown list:
a. Viewer – The Viewer Role is not granted access to Report Designer. The Viewer Role can view, drill down and export reports for which the viewer has been granted access.
b. Generator – The Generator Role can generate reports and modify parameters for reports. The Generator Role can create and rename folders, view, delete, edit, rename, and export reports for which the generator has been granted access.
c. Designer – The Designer Role can design, generate, edit, view reports and building blocks, and schedule when reports are generated. The Designer Role can also delete, edit, create folders, rename reports and folders, export reports, and view reports for which the designer has been granted access.
d. Administrator – The Administrator Role is allowed full access to all tasks in Report Designer. The Administrator Role is also allowed full access to all tasks in the Desktop Viewer. This role can set up new users and groups, and it also has access to all companies. Use caution when assigning this role to people, as it grants full access to everything in MR.
Please Note: As you assign the role, you’ll see that Permissions Granted are automatically updated, based on the role you choose.
Finally, you must grant access to the new user to a Group or Company.
1. Select the “Groups” tab to add the user to a predefined group.
2. To add the user to a group, check the box next to the correct group name:
3. To add a user directly to a company, select on the “Company Access” tab, and check the boxes next to the companies to which the user should have access:
You have now created a new user in MR. The new user should be able to open and access MR Designer or the Desktop Viewer now, depending upon the level of security granted to them.
For more information or assistance, please contact Crestwood at Support@Crestwood.com.