Crestwood Dynamics GP Year-End Seminar a Huge Success!
Posted by Jen Bieker on December 23, 2016
For the 16th straight year, Crestwood has led clients and associates through our annual year-end closing seminars for Microsoft Dynamics GP. This year’s seminars, held in Madison, Chicago, and via an online webinar, attracted over 120 users of the Dynamics GP application and focused on providing the foundation for a successful, seamless year-end close.
Among the many tips provided were:
1. There are new options in the Dynamics GP Year-End Closing window; Remove unused segment numbers and Maintain Inactive Accounts. They’ve also now included a progress bar – Yeah!
2. We discussed the order of operations – do all the checklinks and reconcile processes first while users are out of the system, but make sure to do things in this order:
- Sales Order Processing
- Purchase Order Processing
- Reconcile Inventory
- Reconcile Project Accounting
3. We took a look at uploading journal entries from Excel. Did you know, if the Excel paste button is grayed out, it might just be because you need to start a new journal entry? If you’re in an existing journal entry, the Paste button for Excel is grayed out.
Thank you to all who attended this successful event. If you were unable to attend, need clarity, or have year-end close questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at Support@Crestwood.com.