Dynamics GP Year-End Release Information
Posted by Donna Krizik on October 3, 2013
Yes, it is that time of year again (how did it get here so fast)?
If any of the changes listed below impact you, you need install the year-end update. This year-end update is ALL inclusive and will include GP 2010 SP 4 and GP 2013 SP 2, if they have not installed those larger patches. If you need help determining if these changes affect you, please contact us at email@example.com.
***Important, this is the first year end where version 10 customers will NOT get an year-end update***Contact us as soon as possible to schedule an upgrade.
U.S. Payroll/Payables year-end, scheduled to release 11/15– GP 2010 (includes SP 4), and GP 2013 (includes SP 2)
1. Fixed Asset changes to Luxury Auto Depreciation
2. Payables Form Changes
- 1099 Miscellaneous (Address information has moved up a line)
- 1099 Dividends and Distribution (Address information has moved up a line)
- 1099 Interest (Changed from a 3 per page format in 2012 to a 2 per page format in 2013, boxes same, but layout is way different)
- 1096 form changes (boxes on the bottom have realigned. Same boxes, just smaller)
3. Payroll EFW2 Electronic filing changes (magnetic media) **required install if you are filing electronically through Microsoft Dynamics GP**
4. Payroll Compliance quality issues target to fix:
- Add Suffix to the Mag Media EFW2 file
- Non-taxable/non-wage Business Expense pay code causes issues when 100% of gross wages of hourly is contributed to TSA 401K
- Employee is over-paid when you reallocate all hours and vacation, sick or holiday pay are included in the pay run.
- After you install SP 2 for 2013, direct deposit print as voided checks no longer works
- Deductions in Arrears transactions are not created for all deductions from a zero dollar check if a garnishment is included in the build
- Arrears is not being posted on GP 2013 with zero dollar check
**NO Payroll W2 nor W3 form changes at this time.
The Business Portal W4 form will have an update as well too; it will come out in a separate release.
Downloads available at the following links:
Got Questions? We’re here to answer them! firstname.lastname@example.org; 847-394-8820 ext. 7