Dynamics GP – Your GL Summary Does Not Match Your GL Detail
Posted by Misty Galbreth, Support Analyst on January 4, 2017
You may notice in Microsoft Dynamics GP that sometimes the General Ledger Summary and the General Ledger Detail do not match. While this doesn’t happen often, it’s an indication that the SQL tables behind the scenes are not correct and need to be repaired. This situation may cause your reporting software, such as Management Reporter (MR), to pull incorrect balances into reports.
To correct this issue, you only have to take a few simple steps:
- Have all users log out of Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Login to Dynamics GP as the SA user.
- Make, or have your IT Department/solution make a backup of the company database in SQL. This backup is made just in case this solution goes awry and a restore is needed.
- Reconcile the GL Year. Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP Menu > Tools > Utilities > Financial > Reconcile. Check the box next to Year, then choose your oldest open year. Click the Reconcile button to process. Repeat for the next oldest open year, and continue to the current year.
- No report prints when running this utility, but the Summary and Detail for your GL should now have the same balances.
If you need assistance with this process, or if this does not correct your General Ledger issue, please contact Crestwood Support, Support@Crestwood.com.