Dynamics GP Journal Entry: Paste from Excel- Free Add in!
Posted by Donna Krizik on March 25, 2013
Tired of manually entering long and lengthy journal entries? We have some great news for you: you don’t have to anymore!
There is a new add-in tool that is simple to use and, best of all, it’s FREE!
This add-in tool allows for a basic cut/paste operation of GL Journal Entries originating in Excel to the GL-Transaction Entry window.
Here’s how to do it:
- Create a spreadsheet with 4 columns: Account Number, Debit, Credit, Distribution Reference. (as seen below)
- Copy the data from the Excel spreadsheet. You will not need to copy the column headers, just the data below it.
- Open the transaction entry window.
- Select Additional> Past from Excel or Ctrl+f. You will still need to enter the top portion: Batch ID, Date and Reference.
- Save or Post when you’re done.
For more questions on this add-in tool contact Crestwood Support or call 847-394-8820 x7!
By Shelly Ann Rugnone, Support Analyst, Crestwood Associates