How to Move an Email Activity in Dynamics CRM
Posted by Brenda Senger on December 29, 2016
We've all done it - attached an email to the wrong thing in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
This quick guide shows you how to undo those accidents from Outlook or from within an area in Dynamics CRM.
- Open the email that you accidentally attached to the wrong item in Dynamics CRM.
- Click on the "Set Regarding" button in the ribbon / toolbar.
- Choose the correct item to attach the email to and then click on Ok.
You can do this as many times as you need until you get it right. Dynamics CRM will remove it from one and attach it to the new item.
In Dynamics CRM
- Navigate to the activity that you need to associate with something different. All activities have a "Regarding" field - task, appointment, etc.
- Click in the regarding area and use the magnifying glass to look up the item you want to attach it to.
- Choose the correct item to attach the activity to and click on Ok.
Crestwood does a variety of training for our clients. Maybe your staff is struggling with Dynamics CRM? Contact us today and find out about affordable training options. Email us at Marketing@Crestwood.com.