Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 Spring Wave
Posted by Jen Bieker on March 8, 2016
A sneak peek at what’s coming in this release scheduled for Q2 2016
Microsoft announced details surrounding the Dynamics CRM 2016 Spring Wave updates. The spring wave will become available for Dynamics CRM online customers in Q2 this year, and it will build upon Dynamics CRM 2016 which was released in November of 2015.
The update is focused around integration of two new incredible add-ins:
FieldOne: End-to-end field service features inside Dynamics CRM
Adxstudio: Modern web portal functionality built into Dynamics CRM
Here’s a summary of new features included in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 Spring Wave:
Guided User Navigation – an in-app, live & interactive, scenario-based guide.
- Field Service Solution – advanced scheduling, inventory tracking, asset management, and highly mobile.
- Project Service Solution – Estimate, quote, plan and assign resources, collaboration, capture time, expenses and progress, and real time insights.
- Shared Resources – resource pools with both field and project service teams
- Self-service Portals – extend Dynamics CRM
- Windows Update support for Unified Service Desk
- Digital asset management, publishing and security
- Email marketing editor enhancements
- Create marketing segments based on email behavior – enhanced dynamic lists
- Expanded OData feeds and activity log for marketing analytics
- Marketing services SDK enhancements
- Added support for forums, Instagram, and blogs extension in Microsoft Social Engagement
- Publish and engage/reply with photo and share posts in Microsoft Social Engagement
- Intelligent social: tags, intentions, sentiment, languages
- Social CRM: automation and enhancement
- Mobile offline enhancements
- Mobile Management enhancements – integration with Intune Mobile Application Management (MAM)
- Company news timeline for mobile – new timeline available on mobile devices
- Power BI Sales Manager content pack enhancements
- Power BI Service Manager content pack
- Azure service bus integration enhancements
- Portal framework
- Server-side Synchronization
- Customer field can be added on any entity
- Compliance and data protection