Microsoft Dynamics CRM: Outlook Add-in Problem?
Posted by Jen Bieker on March 18, 2016
The other day, my Dynamics CRM Outlook plug-in stopped working. What happened? I’m not sure, but I couldn’t track any activities into my Dynamics CRM system. The Dynamics CRM part of my Outlook toolbar wasn’t there. I know our internal support staff are busy and I didn’t want to have to wait a day or two for this to get fixed, because then I have to go back through all my emails and track them in CRM. I decided I would try and fix it myself.
Here are 3 troubleshooting options to try on your own:
1. Re-Enable the Outlook Dynamics CRM Add-in
- In Outlook, go to Options / Add-Ins
- Click on “go” for COM Add-ins
- Put a check mark next to Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Click on OK
- Now, go back into your email and see if the CRM part of the Outlook toolbar is enabled again.
2. If you use Dynamics CRM Online – try the new Outlook Client diagnostic wizard. The wizard has been recently updated to include new issues. You will be need to log in with your O365 account.
- Go through all the steps of the wizard.
- When done, you should be able to go in and use the Dynamics CRM Outlook buttons again.
3. If you have an older version of Dynamics CRM or an on-premise server, try the older version of the Outlook Client diagnostic wizard. Once you complete the steps, go back into Outlook and see if you can now track emails again in Dynamics CRM. To learn more about troubleshooting click here.
So, if you’re wondering, yes, I got my Dynamics CRM Outlook add-in working again. I hope you try these options out and one of them works for you. However, if not, and you are still having problems, contact you CRM administrator or email our Support Team at Support@Crestwood.com.