Microsoft Dynamics GP Document Date Verification
Posted by Misty Galbreth, Support Analyst on July 26, 2016
Have you ever entered a document for a future date that doesn’t exist yet in GP? Maybe you posted an invoice in the year 2061 instead of 2016, or entered a manual check and posted it to the year 3016 in error.
If you have, then you know this can be a hassle to fix. What if I told you that there is currently a tool in Dynamics GP that you can use to prevent this issue from occurring again? And what if I told you that it was as easy as a few clicks to get it implemented on your system? Interested? Then, please read on.
The Professional Services Tools Library, also known as PSTL, is now included with Microsoft Dynamics GP, versions 2013 (R2) and newer. If it’s already been installed on your workstation, you will see it on the left hand side of GP, in the Shortcuts section. If you do not see it there, you will have to add the window to your workstation.
To Add PSTL to Your Workstation:
1. Log in as the sa user
2. Go to the Home Module and right click in the empty space above the module navigation buttons.
3. Choose Add > Add Window:
4. Expand Technical Service Tools by clicking on the plus sign, then expand Project.
5. Highlight Professional Services Tools Library, and click Add, then Done.
6. You should see the PSTL link appear as a shortcut on the left hand side. As you can see by my example, Professional Services Tools Library has been added to my shortcuts list:
Special note: You must be signed in as the sa user in order to make any changes in Professional Services Tools Library or to use any of the features. These are very powerful tools and, in many cases, the end results are irreversible. Any PSTL tools you wish to use should be fully understood before they are utilized. Please contact Crestwood Support at Support@Crestwood.com to learn about any of these functions or for assistance using the Professional Services Tools Library.
How to Turn-on the PSTL Date Verification Tool:
1. Click on the Professional Services Tools Library link on the left hand side of your Dynamics GP screen. The first time you use the link, Dynamics GP will update the tool. This should only happen one time, not every time you open PSTL.
2. Once the PSTL window opens, simply check the box under Misc. Tools next to Doc Date Verify, and then close the window. You do not need to click Next:
Once this option is set, Dynamics GP will show an error if a document is entered using a date that is in a future period that is not created yet. For example, if I try to post a GL entry to year 2061, this is the error message that appears:
If you need assistance with any of these tasks or settings, Crestwood Support is here to guide you. Email us at Support@Crestwood.com