Microsoft Dynamics GP: Word Template Modifications Not Showing
Posted by Jen Bieker on February 19, 2016
Submitted by: Andi Bowman
Recently, we’ve been assisting some clients with modifications to their invoices and order forms. For example, we added the line items details to the order form and modified the template for the invoice to include company comments. However, one of the issues encountered was that these modifications were not showing up for the users.
This problem was fixed by correctly assigning the Word templates. Here are the steps on how to assign a Word template in Dynamics GP.
Assigning the template:
- In Dynamics GP, navigate to the Available Templates list
- Select the modified template
- Click Assign >> Company
- Check the appropriate companies and click Save
- Click Assign >> Customer or Vendor.
- (This example uses Customer)
- Click the green plus sign and select the appropriate Customers by Customer ID or Customer Class. Don't worry if your range includes extra customers or classes as they can be removed in the next step.
- Click OK.
- If there are any Customers or Classes added which need to be removed, mark the checkbox to the left of the Customer or Class and click the red cross to delete them.
- You can continue adding Customers or Classes as needed.
- Once you have completed your selections, click Save.
Need assistance? Just contact us at Support@Crestwood.com.