Microsoft Dynamics GP Year-End Update
Posted by Georgia Stewart on October 29, 2015
Microsoft has announced release dates for Dynamics GP year-end updates:
- Dynamics GP 2013 - the week of November 16th
- Dynamics GP 2015 - the week of November 23rd
If you are on a prior version of Dynamics GP, you will need to upgrade to receive the year end update.
* There are no updates for customers on Dynamics GP 2010 or earlier.
There will also be SQL table changes included in the year end update. Additionally, if you are using Payroll in Dynamics GP, the year-end update is MANDATORY for ACA reporting.
Remember, the year-end update install must be done PRIOR to creating the year-end wage file. Once the year-end update is released, you can install it at any time, you do not need to wait till the end of the year to do the update.
- Electronic filing (EFW2) will have minimal changes
- Affordable Care Act has a number of changes
- 1099-DIV form and application changes
- 1099-INT form and application changes
- 1099-MISC form and application changes
- Payables 1096 form change
- Fixed Asset Luxury Auto Depreciation Changes
- Payroll W-3 will add the Kind of Payer, which will require a table change
- Other program and table changes related to the ACA, self-serve (GP 2015), requisitions, and 1099 information
- Note – there are no W-2 or W-3 form changes this year
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to schedule time for us to assist with the install of the year-end update. We are already starting to schedule appointments in December.
If you are on a GP release prior to GP 2013, please contact your client account manager to discuss upgrading.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.