Monthly Maintenance Tip for Dynamics CRM – Bulk Delete
Posted by Jen Bieker on August 23, 2016
Just like a car, Dynamics CRM needs a bit of maintenance once in a while to keep running smooth and fast. One thing you can do on a recurring basis is to clean out old and unused data with the bulk delete tool. You might use it to remove:
- Stale data
- Irrelevant data
- Unneeded test or sample data
- Incorrect imports
For example, we use an add-on for Marketing in our Dynamics CRM system. It tracks visitors to our website and logs everything. So, once a month I have it set up to remove all the anonymous visitor records and related (child) records. This past month it was over 5,000 records!
- Go to Settings / Data Management and then choose Bulk Record Deletion.
- Next, define your search criteria, including the entity, details, and any date settings.
- Always use the “Preview Records” button at the bottom to double check you have the correct set of data to delete.
- Once you have confirmed the set of data is exactly what you want to delete, click on Next.
- Last, give the job a name, date, start time, and if you like, you can have it scheduled to happen on a regular interval.
Want more information on keeping your Dynamics CRM system running great? Just send us an email at Support@Crestwood.com and one of our experts can help make recommendations and get your system back in shape.