Need Dynamics GP Installation Support?
Posted by Donna Krizik on August 2, 2013
Speed up the support process and save a few dollars while you are at it.
If you are having troubling installing Dynamics GP, here are a few helpful pieces of information to have handy before you call or email the support desk. Not only will this speed up the time necessary to resolve, it will likely save you a few dollars!
- What is the exact error message?
- When did the error first occur?
- What task were you attempting to perform at the time the error message was displayed?
- Has the task been completed successfully in the past?
- What is the name of the window you are you working in?
- What have you done so far to attempt to fix the problem?
- If you are using more than one company, does the problem occur in another company?
- Does the problem occur on another workstation?
- What versions of software are you using?
- Verify the version numbers for Microsoft Dynamics GP, your Microsoft SQL Server, and Microsoft Windows®.
- Are you using an integrating product with Microsoft Dynamics GP? If yes, what is its name and version number?
- Does the problem occur for the SA or system administrator?
- Does the problem occur at the database server?
You don’t have to have this information ready prior to calling – our support team is happy to help you gather this information. But having it ready can definitely help streamline the support process and save you a few bucks while you’re at it!