What makes a successful ERP or CRM Project?
Posted by Donna Krizik on June 18, 2013
Project budgets, schedules, scopes of work, quality, overhead costs, resource utilization … there are literally dozens of “things” that go into running a successful project. But the Project Manager is key to the success of any project, and he or she is only as effective as his or her real-time visibility into all project details. Are you constantly in crisis-management mode instead of planning, executing, and communicating easily?
Let me tell you a little about our challenges and how we’ve gone about solving them (and how you can too).
Every project manager knows that one of the ways to avoid unexpected costs is to stay on top of all project tasks and deliverables, which sounds easy, but in reality can be difficult. You try to get everything together, and keep it all visible -- a bunch of connected Excel spreadsheets and a Task list in Outlook…email flags and color coding, project Calendars, a whiteboard in your office…But it is still only as good as the person updating it, and they must keep in constant contact with the entire project team which just isn’t realistic. So what to do?
Be Organized and Leverage Technology
Organized PM’s are the most successful. But leveraging a project management system that automates and tracks project details, due dates, documents, and required communication is an incredible help. Both the most unorganized and the most detail-oriented Project Managers benefit from software that can:
• automatically sets due dates;
• automatically sends documents to the “next person”;
• automatically alerts him or her when something is coming due or is past due;
• automatically stores “paper” trails of communications;
• stores all of the “stuff” of projects in one place, accessible to anyone, anywhere
• tracks and presents all current project information at-a-glance;
• has a Master View showing all of your open projects and their status
• drilldown visibility into any project status or metric.
Take a Look for Yourself
Join us for a free webinar on June 26 at 1:00 PM CST on this very topic. If you want to become a Project Management rock star, and make it look easy, don’t miss this.
To learn more or register, follow this link.