Quick Fixes with Downloading Microsoft Dynamics Service Packs
Posted by Misty Galbreth, Support Analyst on February 3, 2016
Have you ever attempted to download a Microsoft Dynamics GP Service Pack from CustomerSource and nothing happens?
This can be incredibly frustrating, but with simple steps, like making a few changes to your Internet Explorer settings, you can fix the errors that are preventing the download and successfully get the materials you need.
Follow the guide below to update these Internet Explorer settings:
- Checking Your Compatibility View Settings
- Checking Your Trusted Sites
- Checking Your Internet Settings
- Checking Your Pop-up Blocker
1) Open Internet Explorer
2) Go to “Tools” > “Compatibility View Settings”. Please Note: Your Tools button may look like a gear.
3) Add www.microsoft.com to Compatibility View and then select “Close”.
1) In Internet Explorer, go to “Tools” > “Internet Options” > “Security” tab.
2) Select “Trusted Sites” and then select the “Sites” button.This will prompt the below window to open:
3) Add www.microsoft.com as a trusted site, then select “Close”. Please Note: Make sure you add the entire address as shown.
1) In Internet Explorer, go to “Tools” > “Internet Options” > “Security Tab”.
2) Select “Internet” > then the “Custom Level…” button. This will prompt the window below to open:
3) The following items in this window should all be set at Enable or Prompt:
ActiveX Controls and plug-ins
- Allow ActiveX filtering
- Binary and script behaviors
- Download signed ActiveX controls
- Only allow approved domains to use ActiveX without prompt
- Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins
- Run antimalware software on ActiveX controls
- Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting*
- File download
- Font download
- Drag and drop or copy and paste files
- Enable MIME sniffing
- Launching applications and unsafe files
- Launching programs and files in IFRAME
- Submit non-encrypted form data
- DISABLE Use Pop up blocker (Make sure this one is set to DISABLE, not Enable or Prompt)
- Active scripting
- Allow Programmatic clipboard access
- Enable XSS filter
- Scripting of Java applets
4) Select “OK” once all of these items have been enabled
1) Select “Tools” > “Internet Options” > “Privacy” tab.
2) Uncheck the “Turn on Pop-up Blocker” box. Please Note: You can always turn this option back on after you have downloaded the service pack you need.
3) Select “OK”.
Making these simple changes to your Internet Explorer setup should allow you to smoothly download GP service packs.
For additional information or best practice tips, please reach out to:
Submitted By: Misty Galbreth, Support Analyst