Quick FRx to Management Reporter 2012 note from the field, live at Convergence 2013!
Posted by Donna Krizik on March 19, 2013
Some tips from Convergence Session: Transitioning from FRx to Management Reporter 2012
Fresh from the field, John Kazanow has some great tips just learned at the Transitioning from FRx to Management Reporter:
- Purge, purge, purge. Clean your reports and don't migrate things that you aren't using: Companies,trees, rows, catalogs, spec sets.
- As always....make a backup before any purge.
- Compact current spec set or database to clean this process up. This will identify errors in the FRx files during conversion in the MR migration wizard.
- Delete all G32 files for each company that is to be migrated. Log back into FRx to recreate new g32 files.
- Export reports and specs sets as a precaution.
- Document (write down and save electronically) the MR server name and database information. Keep it handy.
- NOTE: Accounts sets will not migrate over to MR!
Stay tuned to the Crestwood blog for more updates!
For more information on migrating from FRx to Management Reporter, call us 847-394-8820, ext 12, or email us at email@example.com. Happy migrating!