SmartList Designer Improvement in Dynamics GP 2013 R2 will make you a Report Wizard
Posted by Jen Bieker on September 30, 2014
Whoever said change is bad probably doesn’t use SmartList Designer. When Microsoft released Dynamics GP 2013 we were introduced to the new SmartList Designer feature – the ability to create reports based on tables found in Dynamics GP and any third party application (assuming the 3rd party has ensured that their tables and design are compatible with SmartList Designer).
In the Dynamics GP 2013 R2, Microsoft has expanded on that feature to make it even better!
SmartList Designer can now inherit and create Go To objects, meaning you can use these objects to drill back from a record returned by your SmartList to a Navigation List, external web page or another SmartList.
Simple Instructions – Give it a try!
It’s pretty easy, try it for yourself:
1. Just click on any existing SmartList you want to use as a base for your SmartList Designer object.
2. Click on the “New” button.
3. Next, click on the new “Create Go To” button available on the Action Pane.
4. Now you will see each of the Go Tos that were inherited from your base object listed with a type of “Existing”.
5. Now, click the grey “Add” button and select the desired Go To type.
6. Provide the name of the Navigation List, SmartList or webpage URL you want to link to.
For more information, you can view the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 R2 System Wide New Features video on their YouTube channel,
or contact Crestwood Support at (847)395-8820 and let us help you!