The Most Cost-Effective Way to Keep Clients Happy
Posted by Jen Bieker on July 28, 2016
Last night I was watching a TV show and they were talking about IoT. I keep hearing that term, Internet of Things (IoT), which refers to everyday, household objects that have a network connection and can send data.
I took a look around my own house and in just a few minutes found no fewer than seven examples:
- Game systems – Xbox, Wii, Playstation
- Smart TV
- Apple TV
- Smart Phones
It made me realize how connected we are. And it started me thinking about how our own service team could take advantage of IoT. IoT has a total potential economic impact of $3.9 trillion to $11.1 trillion a year by 2025. ~ McKinsey Global Institute
Dynamics CRM Field Service and IoT
Your field service department needs to keep customers happy and control costs.
Dynamics CRM helps your team improve the bottom line using IoT in a few different ways:
- Automation of tasks
- Inventory management – auto detection of low stock levels trigger reorders
- Reduced inspections – devices can send information upfront on a problem; thus, technicians know up front what they need, details of the issue, and no return visits are required.
- Proactive service – machines that are due for maintenance can send notification and connect to purchasing to order the necessary items automatically. (See Image 1 & 2 below)
You get a full set of field service tools with Dynamics CRM to run all aspects of your business. The IoT automation is just gravy on top. Leverage it for:
- Work order management
- Resource management
- Service locations & assets
- Preventative maintenance
- Inventory management
- Customer billing
- Mobile applications
Learn how you can use Dynamics CRM to manage your field service workforce in this short 2-minute video from Microsoft.
Next, learn how your business can increase field service profits with IoT. Download the Microsoft eBook: Leading the Future of Field Service: Connecting Field Service Management to the Internet of Things
Learn more about Dynamics CRM Field Services and IoT, contact our
support team at Support@Crestwood.com