DIY Dynamics GP Administration
Posted by Jen Bieker on October 3, 2017
Save time and money with DIY Dynamics GP administration.
Recently, I ran a webinar with one of our senior system engineers, Brandon. I’m not a Dynamics GP Admin, but I felt like a lot of the things he covered in this webinar I could do (if I had the permissions). Maybe, this would take a little business away from our expert support team, but it could save your business a lot of money.
So, here’s a recap of what we covered, and at the end of this post, I have the link to view the recorded webinar if you want to learn more.
- Checklinks & Reconcile
- Create new users & Reset passwords
- ·Backup Dynamics GP
- Create a test company
And if you think you’re up for it:
- Database backups in SQL Sever
- Maintenance plans
- Macros – to save you time by automating things
Ways to improve performance of Dynamics GP:
Towards the end, Brandon went over some things to do to speed up Dynamics GP. We talked about responsiveness, posting time, lookups, reports, and more. Here are some of the things to keep in mind if your Dynamics GP system is running slow:
- Dynamics GP is primarily driven by SQL performance
- CPU, memory, hard disk IO
- 1GB network requirement
- Review ISVs or customizations
- Remove or archive your historical data
- SQL maintenance plans – can help a lot!
- Look at the Crestwood SQL Optimizer product for large databases