Home | Process | The Process | Deploy
Step 5: Deploy
Launch your new system with confidence and success
The primary deliverable from the Deployment phase is a functioning live system. Activities in this phase prepare the infrastructure, application environment, and end-users for the cutover to the new system.
Activities in this phase include:
- Prepare Go-Live plans and system test plans.
- Confirm end-user training plans as part of the finalized deployment plan.
- Configure the live and test environments.
- Perform system testing and load testing using a subset of the customer's data.
- Prepare and delivering end-user training.
- Complete final data migration and validation.
- Complete all Go-Live activities to launch the new system.
The primary deliverables from the Deployment phase include all tasks that are required to deploy the new solution to the live environment so that the customer can start to use it in day-to-day business processes.
Although the deliverables for the Deployment phase will vary slightly dependant on the project type, they can include:
- Deployment Plan
- Train-the-Trainer (TTT) Training
- End User Training
- User Acceptance Test Results
- Initial Data Migration
- Production Environment Readiness
- Production Operations Guide
- Go-Live Readiness Review and Customer Sign-Off
- Cutover to Production