We have many Crestwood clients planning to upgrade to Dynamics GP 2018 in the first quarter of 2018. You’ll want to consider upgrading too, especially if you are on Dynamics GP 2013 because mainstream support ends in April of 2018. This means no more updates, including year-end and payroll.
Here’s an overview of the new features, hardware requirements, and hosting alternatives for Dynamics GP 2018.
- Comprehensive Doc Attach is available on most master record windows, inquiry windows and transaction entry windows. Find out more about this on our blog page.
- User Experience Improvements
- Includes new sort options
- Saving System Passwords
- Checks are now payments
- Web client improvements with auto complete, SmartList, and Bank Reconciliation.
- Optimize Financials & HRP
- Turn off garnishment reports in posting setup and additional garnishment options
- Roll down payroll setup options from setup to inactive records
- Change department code in all payroll files, including history
- Restrict inactive Deduction and Benefit codes in lookups
- Reprint Distribution Detail and Summary reports
- Advanced Human Resource Wellness and Health Insurance Integration
- Workflow Enhancements
- New workflows for GL Account and Purchase Invoice
- Added workflow capabilities including copy step and reminder emails.
- Power “Suite” Evolution – Support Paging and Filtering in OData Services, Support OData V4 and the awaited Dynamics GP Power BI Content Pack is scheduled for this year!
Client workstations will need Windows 7, 8 or 10 and Office 2013 or 2016. Lower versions of Office can still be used for exporting SmartLists but it’s worth the time to upgrade now so you can utilize the latest Word Forms and Workflows. Crestwood can help you get on Office 365 and allow you to upgrade to the latest versions easily.
For your server, you will need Windows Server 2012R2 or 2016 Essentials or Standard and make sure you are using SQL 2014 or 2016.
Most clients do need to get new hardware or create a new virtual server for these upgrades. However, with cloud hosting, we can eliminate heavy up-front costs.
If you are interested in alternatives to on-premise hardware, consider hosting. For the last three years, Crestwood has been a Microsoft Cloud Services Provider. We created a Crestwood Cloud in the Microsoft Azure environment where we provide a separate virtual environment for each client.
We have flat rate monthly tiered pricing based on number of users and a one-time setup fee. We will monitor and patch your servers included in the monthly fee. We can host Dynamics GP, Dynamics SL or Acumatica. We have reasonable prices for migrating your data and upgrading at the same time.
More information on Dynamics 2018:
Partners and Customers can download the product and system requirements on Product Download page.
Check out the features on the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 Feature Blog Series
If you are ready to upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018, get informed here.
If you are interested in upgrading, please contact your client account manager or email@example.com and we can get started.