Disappearing Quick Links in Microsoft Dynamics GP
Posted by Misty Galbreth, Support Analyst on July 20, 2017
Have you ever logged into Microsoft Dynamics GP and noticed you were missing your Quick Links on the Homepage? Maybe you even tried to add them back in, only to discover that the items you added did not ‘stick’. If this describes your situation, I have the solution!
Here’s the Fix
- First, have the user experiencing the problem log out of Dynamics GP.
- Next, login to SQL Server Management Studio and make a backup of the DYNAMICS database.
- Run the following script against the DYNAMICS database: Delete SY08100 where userid = 'xxxxx' (xxxxx is a substitute for the username of the person who is experiencing the problem, and should be replaced with that username before executing this script).
- Next run the following scripts:
insert into DYNAMICS..SY08100 values ('xxxxx',1,0,1,1,1,0,0,0) insert into DYNAMICS..SY08100 values ('xxxxx',2,0,1,0,1,0,0,0) insert into DYNAMICS..SY08100 values ('xxxxx',3,0,2,0,1,0,0,0) insert into DYNAMICS..SY08100 values ('xxxxx',4,0,2,3,1,0,0,0) insert into DYNAMICS..SY08100 values ('xxxxx',5,0,2,2,1,0,0,0) insert into DYNAMICS..SY08100 values ('xxxxx',6,0,2,4,1,0,0,0)
You can run all the scripts at once, but you will have to substitute the username in place of xxxxx
- Finally, have the user log back into Microsoft Dynamics GP.
The Quick Links should be available again. If you have any questions about this, or need assistance with this solution, please contact the Crestwood Support Team at email@example.com.