Recently, we experienced this issue internally at Crestwood. When employees installed the recent, October 2017 Microsoft Outlook Security Update, it broke the Microsoft Dynamics 365 or CRM Outlook Client.
After installing the recent Outlook Security Update, when you attempt to get to your CRM information via Outlook it remains blank and then you get a message saying, “Waiting for a page to be retrieved from a CRM server…”
This is the original article published by Microsoft Support to resolve the issue; however, I will walk you through the solution step-by-step.
If you are not certain about applying this fix yourself, we are here to help. Send us an email at Support@Crestwood.com.
- Search for, “regedit” on your computer (tip: you may have to type in the entire word in order for it to show up):
- Open regedit – this is what is should look like:
- Next, expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office > [either 10.0, 15.0 or 16.0 depending on your version of Microsoft Outlook] > Outlook > Security (your path may not look exactly like this – you may need to create one or two of these folders if they do not exist).
- Once you are in the Security section, create a new DWORD key by right-clicking in the screen and selecting New > DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Name it: “EnableRoamingFolderHomepages” and then modify it and set the value data to 2.
- That’s it, you’re done. Now, re-open Microsoft Outlook and it should work.
If you have any questions or concerns, send us an email at Support@Crestwood.com and our team of experts can help you.