It’s our favorite time of year, the holidays and closing the books for GP! Here are some helpful updates and resources. As always, we are here to support you, so reach out with any questions and our Dynamics experts can help you.
Important 2021 Tax Filing Dates
January 31, 2022 – to employees and IRS/SSA
- W-2s, EFW2
- 1099s – If you need help with 1099s, contact Greenshades
- 1095-Cs to employees
March 31, 2022:
- ACA e-filing to deadline to IRS
Microsoft is waiting for the IRS to publish the final 2022 tax tables. At that point, they will review and prepare for all the Round 1 tax changes – bookmark the Dynamics GP tax page to keep an eye on any updates available.
GP Year-end Closing Seminar
If you were not able to join us on our GP year-end closing webinar, you can watch the recording of the webinar and download a copy of the presentation, including checklists and resources here.
In the webinar, Mary, our in-house GP expert covers all the important information you need to know about closing the year in Dynamics GP. Here’s the agenda:
- Dynamics GP – Product Life Cycle
- ISV 2022 Announcements
- Year End/GP 18.4 update features
- Year-End Closing Preparation
- Year-End Closing Sequence
- Closing Procedures for Each Module:
- Sales Order Processing
- Purchase Order Processing
- Receivables Management
- Payables Management
- Fixed Assets
- General Ledger
Year-End Information & Resources
- Dynamics GP US Year-end update is a 3 part NEC form available here. There are three payables form changes for this year: 1099 MISC, 1099 DIV, and 1099 NEC.
- Year-End Closing Procedures – Microsoft Dynamics GP – 2021 Year-End Blog Series Schedule
- General Ledger – Microsoft Dynamics GP Year-End Update 2021
- Inventory Microsoft Dynamics GP Year-End Update 2021
- KB 857444 – Receivables Management – new blog 12/8
- Payables Management- Microsoft Dynamics GP Year-End Update 2021 and Payables Management Form changes
- Fixed Assets – Microsoft Dynamics GP Year-End Update 2021
- Analytical Accounting – Microsoft Dynamics GP Year-End Update 2021
- US Payroll – Microsoft Dynamics GP Year-End Update 2021
- KB 861806 – Canadian Payroll – new blog 12/1
There has been an issue with the Project Purchase Order Entry window header looking mixed up after installation of the year-end update 18.4. In addition, the payroll checkbox for “In Addition to Salary” is missing. Here’s the fix.
If you have questions, need any assistance with year-end, or you are getting errors, please contact us and our expert support team can assist you. Visit out support webpage or email us at email@example.com