I am all about anything I can do to make it easier and faster to enter data. Here’s a handy customization trick for Microsoft Dynamics SL to update the AP document total. I’m going to show you a simple customization that will update the voucher/adjustment total whenever you save the document.
Note: to create this customization, you will need access to Customization Manager and the Voucher & Adjustment Entry screen.
- Open the Voucher & Adjustment Entry screen
- Next, go into customization mode – at the bottom of the main menu.
- Press “F7” to enter the “Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications” screen. This is where you will enter the “code” to create this customization.
- Since we are basing this customization on the saving or updating of the document, we are creating the customization on the Update object for OnInsert, OnUpdate and OnFinish variables.
- The first step is to declare the public variable that will be available for any of the sub routines.
- Next we enter the code for the Update object and appropropriate variables
- Once the code is entered, on the Debug menu, select “Compile Project 0301000_All_Users”. If there are any issues with the code, you will get a compilation error. If you do get an error, check your typing/spelling first.
- Now use the File menu to “Close and Return to Solomon Screen”
- Lastly, click on “Customize” to exit “Customize Mode” by unchecking it
- Your customization is now in place and working. I always suggest you exit the screen and reload prior to using it.Note: Every time you create a new or save a document, it will automatically update the total.
If you’re not familiar with this sort of “code”, we can help. Send us an email at Support@Crestwood.com and our team of Dynamics SL experts can assist.