There’s a new Dynamics 365 feature, editable grids, which allows you to edit records from views or through a sub-grid. It’s great! No more “read only” grids in CRM. This new feature can enhance productivity by reducing clicks and navigation time. Just simply go into your view, and click in the cell you want to edit and make your changes.
How to enable an editable grid?
Navigate to Settings > Customizations > Select the entity you want to enable
- Select the Controls Tab
- Add Control
- Once you have added the editable grid control, you will be able to set it for Web, Phone, or Tablet clients
Other features you can utilize:
- Define the filter controls for lookup fields
- Configure the Nested Grid Properties
- Group or sort by any column on the view
- Easily move or resize columns within the view
- You cannot change composite fields like full name or address
- You cannot change the state of a field (active vs inactive)
- You cannot change fields from related entities that were added to a view (only fields related to the specific entity you viewing data on)
If you have questions or need some assistance, visit our support page for more help.