Mekorma users are experiencing an issue where previous builds are not compatible with the Microsoft .Net Framework 4.7 and Windows 10 Creator updates. The two common behaviors you may encounter exhibiting this problem include:
- Security warning stating users are not authorized to print out of checkbooks.
- Warning: Unhandled object exception: The parameter is incorrect.
The following Microsoft KB’s are associated with the .Net 4.7 Framework. Even though a system may not explicitly state .Net 4.7 is installed, if any of the KB’s have been loaded then effectively the system will not be compatible with older Mekorma products not intended for use in .Net 4.7.
In addition, here is the Microsoft support link to information about the Windows 10 update.
You may attempt to uninstall a Knowledge Base (KB) in order to maintain Mekorma functionality of current build, but Microsoft does force some of these updates. Unless you can block updates, this may not be a viable long-term solution. As a temporary workaround this may work.
If you decide to upgrade to ensure compatibility the workstation in question, all Mekorma instances will need to be upgraded in order to achieve the required matching build level. To download and install the Mekorma build that is supported for your GP version, please visit the Mekorma download page.
Note, if the client runs Dynamics GP 2013 PRIOR to R2, please install the B210NETFRAMEWORK build located in the GP 2013 RTM folder.
Furthermore, you do not need to uninstall the current Mekorma version. Running the new build over the existing one will achieve this. After installing and logging into GP as SA, you will be prompted to run the Mekorma Table Maintenance routine. Please keep in mind the following to ensure a smooth upgrade:
1. Make a backup copy of all check formats, signature and logos prior to the upgrade.
2. Have all users out of GP while running the upgrade process.
3. Use Admin role on the target machine.
4. Run the installer exe with the “run as admin” option.
5. After installing, launch GP using “run as admin” option.
If you need assistance, or have further questions, contact us at Support@Crestwood.com.