Free Training Events & Webinar
Join our in-house Microsoft Dynamics GP experts for our annual year-end events. All the events will cover the same information, so pick what works best for you!
We will have multiple local events you can attend in person, or an online webinar. No matter what you choose, you will learn best-practices for closing out the year in Dynamics GP, things you need to make sure you don’t miss, common problems, and W-2 & 1099 information.
- Orlando, FL – Wednesday, December 12, 2018
- South Bend, IN – Wednesday, December 12, 2018
- Madison, WI – Thursday, December 13, 2018
- Downers Grove, IL – Tuesday, December 18, 2018
- Online Webinar – Wednesday, December 19, 2018 (this will be recorded)
* The Dynamics GP manual is available here! You can print a copy or follow along electronically.
Get a Head Start on Year-End 2018
Start early and make 2018 a little easier. Here’s a checklist to get a head-start and prepare your Dynamics GP system for year-end.
- Be sure that your Backups are working correctly, and test the Restore process prior to Year-end. Not sure how to do this? Just give our support team a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have you been doing your File Maintenance procedures regularly? We recommend that the file maintenance Check Links be done each quarter, but these can be run monthly, if you wish. All users should be out of the system while you perform these functions. And always be sure to back up your databases prior to running any of the File Maintenance processes.
- Run Check Links for each series. Some of the information in table groups is stored in two or more of the tables that compose them. If information in one table is missing or damaged, the check links program examines other tables where the same information is stored, and re-creates the damaged record in the first table.
- Reconcile processes may be run as well. If you use Sales Order Processing, Purchase Order Processing, and Inventory, be sure to run them in that order. DO NOT RUN THE ACCOUNT FORMAT SETUP RECONCILE BECAUSE IT RE-SETS THE MAIN SEGMENT TO BE THE FIRST SEGMENT. For Payroll, just run the Reconcile report. DO NOT MARK THE RECONCILE BOX – ONLY MARK THE PRINT REPORT BOX! If you have never run Check Links or Reconciles in your system, we strongly recommend that you run them first in a test company to determine how long the processes will take and insure that you understand and can deal with any issues that may arise. Click here for information on how to easily set up a test company in Dynamics GP.
- Check the available space on your server. The year-end procedures may take quite a bit of space, so look into this soon.
Be sure that your Account Types are correct. If you have a P & L account mislabeled as a Balance Sheet account, or vice versa, the Fiscal Year Close will not be correct. Use a SmartList to verify these Account Types. If any are incorrect, make the change now so that your fiscal year-end close will be correct. If using divisional or fund accounting, be sure to set up a Retained Earnings account for each division/fund.
Use a SmartList to be sure you have all the required vendor tax ID numbers for your 1099’s. Any that are missing can then be requested in plenty of time. Do a Dry Run on your 1099 printing, if you have time.
Run the Reconcile Report. DO NOT CHECK THE RECONCILE BOX, ONLY CHECK THE PRINT REPORT BOX! If anything appears on this report, look into the situation. The report should be empty.
If you have further questions on any of these items, send us an email at Support@Crestwood.com.
Order Tax Forms:
Order your W2 and 1099 forms. Crestwood recommends Deluxe Checks as they have all the Dynamics approved pre-made forms for your convenience. Use the Crestwood Priority Service Code MR4394 to receive special offers, and discounts. Read more on Deluxe Checks.