Microsoft’s manufacturing offerings are surprisingly robust, so learning more about the key elements that make up this suite can help you assess what you need and what features will serve your brand best. Instead of racing your way through a high-speed demo, you can look at the highlights and key functions of this powerful part of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for Manufacturing
The same features that make this suite so useful for the rest of your business can be deployed to help with operations; you’ll be able to use the familiar interface, dashboard and tools to power your operational needs. This adaptive and versatile application can go on your computer, your phone or a tablet, making it easy to access information on the go and on demand. Inventory items, materials, production orders and more are all easily tracked and accessed in Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- Inventory Items: The actual things you make that are added to your inventory as finished goods. Before these are complete, you’ll need to have your raw materials, component parts, sub-assemblies and more. Dynamics 365 Business Central can easily track these sub-items and ensure you have what you need when you need it; this in turn dramatically increases your efficiency and productivity, since no one is waiting around for materials to arrive.
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP): By making tracking bills of materials (BOMs) easy and automatically generating order suggestions based on demand and sales, you’ll be able to see what should be ordered at a glance. You won’t have to worry about ending up with too much of one item and not enough of another.
- Demand and Capacity Planning: Depending on your turn time, you’ll be able to implement production based on strategic planning; both capacity planning (for longer turn times) and demand planning are fully supported and can significantly streamline your workflow.
- Scheduling: One of the most stressful parts of the manufacturing is the scheduling process; prioritize incorrectly, schedule using incomplete data or even make a supply error and your entire schedule will be impacted. Dynamics 365 Business Central dramatically simplifies the scheduling process and takes much of the last-minute changes and problems out of the equation entirely.
- Capacity Measurement: You’ve got the supply thing handled, but can you take on that next order? Book over your capacity and everything will be late – and your team will be in chaos. Tracking capacity alongside materials and projects ensures you don’t overbook or oversell – or lets you know you need to add to your facility, materials and team.
- Versatility and Adaptability: You’ve got the perfect plan in place – and then your sales team scores big. What happens when that huge order hits? Even smaller, more subtle changes can have a significant impact on your output. Dynamics 365 Business Central planning ensures you can run a plan, adapt and change things in real time, as often as you need to.
Preview Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Keeping everything you need for manufacturing, from your actual work orders and production plans to your schedule and raw materials tracking under one umbrella ensures you can instantly access what you need. If you have been using pencil and paper or even Excel to track your project, you won’t believe the difference that Dynamics 365 Business Central can make to your workflow and process – and to your bottom line.
Want to see it live in action? Watch our recent webinar recording; however, the best way to see what this innovative suite of manufacturing tools can do for you is to try it for yourself. We’ll be able to highlight the features that will help you with the dilemmas you are facing and that will add the most value to your organization and processes. Contact us today at email@example.com to learn more and see the power of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for yourself.