Updating Scribe Insight for Dynamics 365 Regional Discovery Service Deprecation
Microsoft is deprecating the WS-Trust security protocol and regional discovery service, which is used to authenticate connections in Scribe Insight. What does this mean? It means that when Microsoft runs this update on your D365 CE tenant your current Scribe D365 connection will not work. Microsoft has begun to roll these changes out to production servers. Please follow the steps below to fix the issue. Please note, you must be on Scribe Insight 7.9.5 in order to install the hot fix needed.
- Download the Scribe hotfix.
- Close the Workbench, pause active Integration Processes, close the Console, and stop the Scribe Services.
- Open SQL Management Studio and run the following query on the SCRIBEINTERNAL database:*Please backup the ScribeInternal DB before running this query.
DELETE FROM [SCRIBEINTERNAL].[SCRIBE].[ADAPTERMETADATA]
WHERE IDENTIFIER != ‘DEFAULT’
- Extract the contents of the zip file to a folder on the Scribe Insight server.
- Right-click on the InstallCRM562.cmd file and select Run As Administrator.
- Follow the normal CRM Adapter installation prompts.
- Restart the Scribe services.
- If the Insight Publisher for Dynamics CRM has not been set up on the Insight server, skip to step 10.
From Dynamics CRM, remove the CRM Plugins and Plugin Assembly via Settings > Customizations. See this knowledge article for instructions: Removing the Scribe Plugins from CRM UI
- Start the Console, reconnect the Scribe CRM Publisher to CRM, and click Apply. This will recreate the Plugins.
- Open Scribe Workbench, click on Connections, and open the connection used to connect to D365.
- Edit the connection and change the connection from ‘Online’ to ‘Office 365’
- Select Authentication type in this case it was 0365.
- Do not use the discovery service url; instead, use your tenant url: https://<mycompany>.crm.dynamics.com
- Enter your username and password
- Check Skip Discovery
- Click Ok. This should get you reconnected to the D365 tenant.
- Activate Integration Processes as needed.
If you need help with your Dynamics 365 system, contact us at email@example.com.