Microsoft recently announced a change in how you can purchase and manage licenses through your Crestwood Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) Program. This change will impact the way you purchase Microsoft 365 licenses but fear not, Microsoft has launched the New Commerce Experience intending to reduce complexity and provide cost savings for long term commitments, while introducing additional features to make CSP a comparable alternative to the longstanding Enterprise Agreement (EA).
Here’s what you need to know:
- March 1st, 2022: From March 1st onward, all new and renewing subscriptions must be purchased through NCE (Legacy CSP customers will be able to finish their existing terms).
- July 1st, 2022: Legacy CSP customers must renew to the NCE plan to continue subscriptions.
- October 1st, 2022: All customers will have to purchase through NCE, partner incentives and rebates are removed.
Product Pricing Changes:
A slight increase in rates will happen at subscription renewal:
For Legacy CSP Customers:
- Legacy clients can defer price increases for up to a year and receive a 5% discount by converting an existing subscription to new commerce experience.
- There are a few key dates to remember. All new subscriptions must be made on NCE after March 1st, 2022. However, the ability to renew existing subscriptions on the legacy CSP platform will continue through June 30th, 2022, ending on July 1st, 2022. Legacy subscriptions will remain in effect until each of the subscription term’s end.
- Microsoft partner incentive rebates on legacy subscriptions will be removed in October 2022. After June, legacy customers will have to renew subscriptions in the New Commerce Experience to continue Microsoft services.
Crestwood Subscription Options Summary:
This announcement is a great opportunity to audit your current licensing to ensure you are not paying for licenses you do not need or paying for premium features you’re not using.
Our team will conduct a license optimization review and advise which annual and monthly licenses will meet your business needs. Schedule a call with your Client Account Manager or contact email@example.com to get started.