Pumpkin spice lattes are back; college football is underway; folks are pulling out the Halloween decorations. That means only one thing in Business Central world: it’s time for Wave 2.
Microsoft is set to release their Dynamics 365 Business Central Wave 2 release in October, and WOW are there some exciting new features planned. Microsoft Docs has laid out all the planned updates, but we want to highlight a few here.
General System Updates
Microsoft is always soliciting advice from users on what to fix next. With Business Central 2021 Wave 2, they are serving up updates in some of the most requested areas for improvement, such as the finance and supply chain areas.
- Account schedules – Budget Name filter for columns and more templates added
- Add non-inventory items on requisition and planning worksheets
- Bank and payment reconciliations
- Default line type in the sales and purchase documents
- Edit in Excel in recurring general journals and intercompany general journals
Microsoft 365 Integration
Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) integration is better than ever. Microsoft took special interest in better integration between Business Central and Excel and Teams (now you can bring Business Central pages into a Teams channel!)
- Enhancements to Microsoft Teams integration
- Enhancements to the Outlook add-in
- Enhancements to working with Microsoft Excel
- Share a record link to Microsoft Teams
Power Platform and Performance Enhancements
Integration with Power Platform applications and other performance issues were also on the list.
- Show reports from named and shared Power BI workspaces in Business Central
- Performance improvements to the Business Central web client
- Protect the Business Central Server against excessive background sessions for an environment
That’s far from everything, but it’s a good start! To look at more, ask questions, and chat about the new features, join us at our webinar on October 28!